Every book for your car in one place
Toyota factory shop manuals are the best source of repair information for cars and trucks.
From the early 1980’s until the present time, Toyota generally has the following service manuals for each vehicle:
· Main repair manual.
· Electrical wiring diagram manuals help you understand connector configurations, and locate and identify circuits, relays, and grounds. These books will help you troubleshoot electrical problems in addition to illustrating the circuits and wire colors.
· The automatic transmission overhaul manual contains instructions on how to completely disassemble, refurbish, and reassemble the automatic transmission after it is removed from the car or truck. For on-vehicle service, refer to the main repair manual.
· Body collision repair manuals include repair that you would need after a collision, such as measurements for frame and door openings, weld and sealant lines, and instructions for attaching or removing sheet metal.
For the 1960’s and 1970’s, and a few early 1980’s models, Toyota usually made several service manuals for each vehicle including:
· Engine repair manuals include everything from minor tune-ups to a major overhaul.
· Chassis shop manuals usually include manual transmission, clutch, propeller shaft, axles, suspension, steering, and brakes.
· Automatic transmission repair manuals include service as well as overhaul.
· Body repair manuals usually include quarter panels, doors, moldings, glass, instrument panel, headlining, seats & belts, fuel tank, as well as collision repair.
· Emission control service manuals teach you to locate, test, troubleshoot, repair, or replace the sensors, valves, and electronic control modules. You will learn to troubleshoot problems like hard start, rough idle, and dieseling
· Air conditioning shop manuals might include two books, one for the system and one for the compressor.
· Service specification books often update the other books to make sure coverage is complete for each model year in the books.
· For 1975 and newer models, a foldout electrical wiring diagram is often available.
· For 1975 and newer models, you can also get a maintenance procedure manual which explains suggested lubricants and the intervals at which they should be applied, the locations of grease points, and other maintenance procedures necessitated by normal operation.
© Copyright 2010 Faxon Auto Literature. All rights reserved.