This assembly manual is unlike anything you've ever seen. This Fisher body plant assembly manual shows how metal body parts are welded together - it shows the location of hundreds of welds. It’s helpful for hidden welds holding up parts you might need to remove and replace. If you're replacing parts due to rust, you'll find out how to replace mounting parts that have rusted away. The book is particularly useful if the car has had damage from a wreck. You learn the specific type of weld (stitch, gas, seam, etc.) that was originally used in each location.
- Doors: outside and inside metal, window frames
- Front and rear seats: seat back and bottom, seat frames, adjusters
- Trunk lid: lid, anchor plates for trunk hinges - welded mounting points
- Underbody: how floor pan is welded in, cross bars, how other parts are welded to floor pan and rocker panels, trunk pan
- Front End: how dash is welded in, firewall welds, front pillar
- Rear quarter: rear quarter panel, folding top compartment, side roof rail, lock pillar, rear arm rest supports, wheelhouse, fender skirt retainers, gas tank filler door & neck, rear quarter window frames
- Roof: roof bows, roof rails, roof panels
- Center pillar: hinge anchor plates, lock striker anchor plates,
- Final assembly: welding many of the above large parts to each other
The book covers cars from the firewall back; the hood and front fenders are not covered (because these were assembled at the chassis assembly plant and not the Fisher body plant). Please see the sample page image. All pages are watermarked with a background image like the sample page. Buy now to own this hard-to-find manual.
"Specifications Manual All Pontiac and Chevrolet Cars Body Welding Assembly Manual 1953"
This item is a reproduction
8.25 x 10.75 x 1.25 inches
This manual covers 1953 Chevrolet and Pontiac cars, with all body styles including 150, 210, Bel Air, Sedan Delivery, Station Wagons, Chieftain, Catalina, Deluxe, Special, Custom, sedan, coupe, convertible, wagon, and sedan delivery.
1953 Chevrolet Bel Air
1953 Chevrolet Bel Air Styleline
1953 Chevrolet Bel Air Townsman
1953 Chevrolet One-Fifty Series
1953 Chevrolet Sedan Delivery
1953 Chevrolet Two-Ten Series
1953 Pontiac Catalina
1953 Pontiac Chieftain
1953 Pontiac Chieftain Custom
1953 Pontiac Chieftain Deluxe
1953 Pontiac Chieftain Special
1953 Chevrolet Bel Air 1953 Chevrolet Bel Air 1953 Chevrolet One-Fifty Series 1953 Chevrolet Sedan Delivery 1953 Chevrolet Two-Ten Series 1953 Pontiac Catalina 1953 Pontiac Chieftain